Cal-Fire Lifts Barn Ban in Nevada County November 1, 2013

This post was written by jd on November 4, 2013
Posted Under: Environment


Residential Debris Burn Demonstration

However, burn permits are required.

Burning can only be done on a PERMISSIVE BURN DAY. You must call 530-274-7928 in Western Nevada County and 530-582-1027 in the Truckee area to see if it is a Permissive Burn day before you start burning

Escaped residential debris burns continue to be a leading cause of fire suppression calls in Nevada County. Learning to safely and cleanly burn vegetation debris helps to minimize smoke emissions and allows firefighters time to respond to true emergencies. It is your responsibility to know and follow local and state burning regulations. Failure to follow these regulations is a misdemeanor offense and you may be fined and prosecuted for the expense of containing a wildfire.

Visit the Fire Safe Council website to:

Burning is banned in the city limits of Grass Valley & Nevada City

Try the Fire Safe Council of Nevada County’s Chipping Program instead
Please help to keep this blog going
Let us Sell or help you buy your new home or land

John J. O’Dell Realtor® GRI
O’Dell Realty
(530) 263-1091
Email John


Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments are closed.