Residential Debris Burn Demonstration
However, burn permits are required.
Burning can only be done on a PERMISSIVE BURN DAY. You must call 530-274-7928 in Western Nevada County and 530-582-1027 in the Truckee area to see if it is a Permissive Burn day before you start burning
Escaped residential debris burns continue to be a leading cause of fire suppression calls in Nevada County. Learning to safely and cleanly burn vegetation debris helps to minimize smoke emissions and allows firefighters time to respond to true emergencies. It is your responsibility to know and follow local and state burning regulations. Failure to follow these regulations is a misdemeanor offense and you may be fined and prosecuted for the expense of containing a wildfire.
Visit the Fire Safe Council website to:
- Learn the Who, What, Where & When of Burn Permits
- Watch a Residential Burn Demonstration video to learn how to conduct a proper residential debris burn
- Get the Burn Day Information Number
- Learn alternatives to burning
- Get links to more information
- Learn about Campfire safety
Burning is banned in the city limits of Grass Valley & Nevada City
Try the Fire Safe Council of Nevada County’s Chipping Program instead
Please help to keep this blog going
Let us Sell or help you buy your new home or land
John J. O’Dell Realtor® GRI