Posted Under: Community Events,Nevada County Information
The 2013 Firewise Calendar features native plants.
The Fire Safe Council of Nevada County in cooperation with the Sierra Nevada Conservancy and National Firewise Communities are offering residents in Nevada County free defensible space advisory visits to educate citizens about Defensible Space.
California Public Resources Code 4291 requires every landowner to “maintain around and adjacent to the building or structure a firebreak made by removing and clearing away, for a distance of not less than 100’ on each side of the building or structure or to the property line, whichever is nearer, all flammable vegetation or other combustible growth”.
In addition, this code allows insurance companies to require landowners to maintain the firebreaks.
We live in a wildland urban interface area which has the potential for catastrophic wildfire.
Receive custom advice about:
- Building materials.
- Fire facts.
- How to manage the vegetation on your property.
- Plant species considered “high fire risk.”
- Proper clearance from structures.
- Proper signage for your property.
- Answers to any questions you might have about the defensible space around your structures.
- And a variety of other helpful information.
In addition, you will be provided with referrals for contractors and other resources that could help you complete your fuel reduction project.
Advisors will inform citizens about:
- The burn permit process.
- The California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP).
- The FSCNC Chipping Program.
- The FSCNC Special Needs Assistance Program.
For all your real estate needs
Email or call today:
John J. O’Dell Realtor® GRI