by Lisa J. Lehr
Want to make money in business? As much as possible, and as fast as possible? If you’re in business, of course you do. Here are six secrets to shortcut moneymaking.
1. The first secret is…there is no real shortcut. There is, however, a shortest distance between where you are now and where you want to be, and everyone knows the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. The straight line in business success is a plan that includes no unproductive use of time or money.
2. Figure out your USP—your unique selling proposition. Especially if you’re a local business with some competition, you’ll need to stand out from the crowd. What makes you different? Spend some time figuring it out.
3. Advertise your product or service. Do all that your budget will allow. If your budget is small, start with inexpensive (and free) forms of advertising. As you begin making sales, roll as much as you can back into your advertising. This is where your highest ROI will come from.
4. Ramp up your marketing as your budget increases. Always stay in front of your target market. Even as your product or service takes hold of the market, and word-of-mouth advertising spreads—unless you’re getting so many orders you just can’t keep up—continue advertising. (And if you are getting so much business you can’t keep up, you can do one of two things: increase your prices, or narrow your offerings to the most lucrative products or services.)
5. Upsell. It’s a basic principle of selling that there are three ways to make more money: get more customers, get your customers to buy more often, and get your customers to buy higher-priced products and services. The third one is the most cost-effective. If your customers like your product or service, and if they trust you, they are more than happy to spend more money with you.
6. Work with a professional copywriter. Many companies have tried to crank out their own marketing programs, and even as that tactic has failed, have continued to try. You’ve probably heard the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results. Give your business the competitive edge by letting a professional take charge of your marketing program.
There you have them: six secrets to shortcut moneymaking. The truth, however, is that they’re not really secrets—most smart marketers already know them. And they’re not really shortcuts—they’re just the shortest possible route to where you want to be: making money with your product or service.
Lisa J. Lehr is a writer and copywriter living in Grass Valley. She can help you promote your business with a full range of online and offline marketing pieces. A member of Empire Toastmasters, she’s available to speak to your business or professional group. Click Here to visit her website for more information, opt in for the message series, and receive a free Marketing Guide.
Lisa J. Lehr
I write words that make you money–just ask me how.
Visit my website and sign up for my fr~ee marketing tips.
New! No~cost Marketing Guide now available at my website.