Posted Under: Community Events,Education,Nevada County Information
The Fire Safe Council of Nevada County in cooperation with the Allstate Foundation, County of Nevada and the National Firewise Communities Association are offering residents in Nevada County free defensible space advisory visits to educate citizens about Defensible Space. Complete your visit in October or November and get a 2014 Firewise Calendar.
California Public Resources Code 4291 requires every landowner to “maintain around and adjacent to the building or structure a firebreak made by removing and clearing away, for a distance of not less than 100’ on each side of the building or structure or to the property line, whichever is nearer, all flammable vegetation or other combustible growth”.
In addition, this code allows insurance companies to require
landowners to maintain their vegetation.
We live in a wildland urban interface area which has the potential for catastrophic wildfire.
Receive custom advice about:
- Building materials
- Fire facts
- How to manage the vegetation on your property
- Plant species considered “high fire risk”
- Proper clearance from structures
- Proper signage for your property
- Answers to any questions you might have about the defensible space around your structures
- And a variety of other helpful information
In addition, you will be provided with referrals for contractors and other resources that could help you achieve your fuel objectives.
Advisors will inform residents about:
- The burn permit process
- The California Forest Improvement Program (CFIP)
- The FSCNC Chipping Program
- The FSCNC Special Needs Assistance Program
Sign up online at www.areyoufiresafe.com,
or Call 530-272-1122
For all your real estate needs
Email or call today:
John J. O’Dell Realtor® GRI